Decrease lag in Battlefield V Open Beta with these simple steps
Is your PC having a hard time handling the Battlefield V open beta? So was mine. Decided to have a go at tweaking the game so I can enjoy it since I really like it. I found some very good tweaks that I will share with you today.. In just a few minutes, youll be back in the game with better FPS. Sounds good? It is! Lets go.
Battlefield V Ingame settings
If your using a laptop id would recommend u to set the frame rate limiter option to your monitor refresh rate, theres an option for that in ingame.
- Turn mumbo jumbo graphic settings off(will increase FPS but visuals will take a hit, this one is optional)
- Vertical Sync OFF(almost mandatory, big increase)
- Set most things but Textures to low(Unless you have a very good graphics card, also optional)
- Set UI Upscaling to High instead of auto(No idea why this increases FPS, but it does)
If you are not happy about the graphic Quality of these tweaks, check this guide to see the image quality/performance impact of every ingame setting.
Battlefield V Config editing for higher FPS(Most important tweak)
Option 1(Some FPS gain, only sacrifice shadow quality)
Ok now were done with the ingame settings. Now be sure to close your game and continue with the last step(which is the absolute best improvement of all of them)
- Go to your Documents folder in Windows, then \Battlefield V Open beta\settings\ and find the file PROFSAVE_profile and open it with notepad. (right click, open with, then choose notepad)
- Press control F and search for “GstRender.ShadowQuality” without the quotes, then edit this line and set the value to 0, then save.
- GstRender.ShadowQuality 0
Option 2(Bigger FPS gain, sacrifice some visuals)
If you want to squeeze out every last FPS, go to your game installation folder (C.\Program Files(x86)\Orgin Games\Battlefield V Beta\ or similar) and create a file called user.cfg, edit it and paste the following
Then click save, and enjoy!
Bonus tweaks that will increase your FPS for ALL games
If you are willing to put a few extra minutes into increasing your BF V FPS.