Overwatch Public Test Realm went up again yesterday!
The Which means you probably want to know what’s coming up for the game. Notably, Hanzo’s gameplay has been smoothed out, Reaper’s effective DPS is upped thanks to an automatic reload while in Wraith form, and Reinhardt’s getting a bit tired of swinging that hammer around. Earthshatter, which has always had something of a wonky hitbox, will be slightly less wonky now.
Let’s jump straight in! Hanzo’s gameplay should feel more ‘smooth’, Orisa get’s a barrier buff, Reapers Wraith form grants ammo refill, Soldier: 76 gets a slight nerf to his pulse rifle and Reinhardt will not be putting his ‘Hammer DOWN’ just as hard as he did before. Next to these Hero changes, there will be some bug fixing to solve existing issues.
Here are the official PTR 1.11 Patch notes:
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Players can now disable secondary fire and secondary weapons in Custom Games
- You can now disable one Symmetra ultimate while leaving the other active
- Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
Developer Comments: This is a quality of life change to make wall climbing feel better.
- Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
- Storm Bow
– Increased charge speed by 10%
– Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held
Developer Comments: Decreasing Hanzo’s draw time gives him more overall DPS, while also letting him fully charge an arrow and more quickly return to full movement speed when needed. And, like the change to Genji’s wall climbing, this is a quality of life change that will make climbing feel better.
- Fusion Driver
– Damage reduced by 15%
- Protective Barrier
– Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
Developer Comments: To help Orisa maintain the front line for her team, we’re reducing the cooldown of her Protective Barrier. This change also helps her reposition the barrier more easily when needed. To compensate for this new defensive strength, we’re reducing her Fusion Driver’s damage, as it felt too high.
- Wraith Form
– Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used
Developer Comments: Wraith Form is typically used as an escape ability after firing. This change gives Reaper a fighting chance if an enemy chases him down as he uses it.
– Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
– The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can “climb” has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it “crawls” along the ground.
Developer Comments: Earthshatter tended to climb unexpectedly high, frequently hitting targets that were significantly above the ground. These changes help the ability stay more grounded.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle
– Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19
Developer Comments: Soldier:76 is in a much better place lately, but his damage output was making him a must pick, compared to similar roles.
- Fixed an issue that prevented voice lines from being heard during the Play of the Game
- Fixed an issue causing shields to display the wrong team color during the Play of the Game
- Added new Kill Feed icons for environmental kills and a number of abilities
- Fixed a bug causing the introduction before 1v1 Mystery Duels to be interrupted
- Fixed a bug that allowed bots to become stuck around the well on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that caused Lucio’s healing and speed song auras to be inaccurately projected
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Fortify from blocking the alternate fire from Lucio’s Sonic Amplifier
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Protective Barrier from deploying in certain situations
- Fixed an issue that affected some graphics cards, causing an inaccurate ammo count to be displayed with Pharah’s Mechaqueen and Raptorion skins equipped
- Fixed a bug that could prevent two charging Reinhardts from being able to kill each other
- Fixed a bug that prevented Winston’s Primal Rage ultimate from restoring his health when hit by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
Fixed a bug that caused Tracer to move oddly when she first appeared in the tutorial
Fixed an issue causing asymmetry between pillars on the Ruins capture point on Ilios
Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
So there you have it folks! If you can’t wait to try these changes for yourselves, fire up the Blizzard Client and play the PTR Server!