Alot of buffs coming to Bastion, perhaps making him overpowered.
The PTR Server for Overwatch has received another update, which brings several interesting changes to heroes such as Mercy, D.Va and Mei. The biggest update however comes with Bastion.
After playing a test round on the PTR, it feels like he’s a bit too powerfull at the moment with easy headshots in his Recon mode, and so he might see some slight nerfs coming along the way. For now though, these are the changes that Blizzards made so far.
- Configuration: Sentry
- Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
- Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
- No longer deals critical damage
- Configuration: Recon
- Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- Configuration: Tank
- No longer grants bonus armor
- Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion’s power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.
So, there you have it! If you’d like to see gameplay of the changes, check out the video below this article by Overwatch Central.